Orthodontic treatment from Dr. Douglas Hauck won’t just enhance your smile and self-image; it will also repair problems with the teeth and/or jaw and improve your overall oral health. With orthodontics in Newport Beach, California, our dentist can help you and your children avoid speech impediments, digestion problems, and problems with the jaw joints, including headaches and facial/neck pain.
The American Association of Orthodontics recommends having children see an orthodontist for an orthodontic evaluation by the age of seven. Early orthodontic treatment can help ensure that your child’s teeth remain in optimal health for life.
There are many orthodontic treatment options available, including clear braces, traditional braces, and aesthetically pleasing Invisalign® aligners. During your orthodontic consultation with Dr. Douglas Hauck, you will discuss which orthodontic treatment is right for you.
Dr. Douglas Hauck may recommend orthodontic treatment (braces) to correct one or more of the following:
- Speech, chewing, or biting problems
- Deep overbite
- Underbite (lower jaw protrusion)
- Overjet (protruding upper teeth)
- Finger- or thumb-sucking
- Breathing or swallowing problems
- Disfiguring of the face and mouth
- Jaw and/or jaw joint pain
- Missing or extra teeth
- Teeth erupting out of position
- Excess spacing between teeth
The Three Phases of Orthodontic Treatment
1) Planning Phase– Your first few orthodontic visits at Douglas Hauck DDS, Inc. will include:
- An evaluation of your dental and medical history
- Taking impressions of your teeth
- Taking a computer-generated photograph of your neck and head to assist in planning
- Taking photographs of your mouth and face
- Taking digital X-rays of your jaws and teeth
At this point, your custom braces or appliances will be applied.
2) Active Phase– As part of the active phase, you will visit Dr. Douglas Hauck regularly so that he can make any necessary adjustments to your braces.
3) Retention Phase– Once your braces are removed, a retention appliance or retainer will be created to help maintain the changes in your teeth until they are completely stable. Retainers are removable devices and Dr. Douglas Hauck will let you know when and for how long you will wear your retainer.
For more information and to schedule your orthodontic consultation please contact our dental office today.